Tuesday, January 7, 2014

This is Jeopardy!



A: To be a contestant on this long-running game show has been on Moe's bucket list for as long as she has had a bucket list

Q: What is Jeopardy?

It's true; I've always wanted to be a contestant on Jeopardy!  My Dad and I would always watch Jeopardy! on WWLP-TV22 at 7:30 and play each other.  It took well into my high school years before I even came close to getting as many responses right as he did.  When I was home for Christmas this year, we upheld our tradition and watched Jeopardy every night that I was home.  I'm proud to say that I can definitely hold my own against Ricardo (my nickname for my Dad) now.

Tonight I took a step towards crossing this item off of my bucket list. I took the online test to be a contestant on Jeopardy! The test was made up of 50 questions. You had 15 seconds to type in your answer (question?).  I feel pretty confident that I got somewhere between 30 or 40 responses correct.

It's obviously an extreme long shot that I would even be contacted after this online test...if the powers that be at Jeopardy! decide you scored well enough, they will contact you to come in for an in-person test and interview.  Still, it was fun just taking the test and perhaps getting closer to being a contestant.

What would be your "Jeopardy story?" You know, the little anecdote you tell about yourself after the first commercial break?  I've thought about this before and I can't say that I have anything particularly cool to tell Alex.  I would probably end up telling him about the time my best friend and I went zip-lining in Costa Rica and I somehow got stuck halfway down the line.  Don't worry, it all worked out since I then got to ride with the cute guides!


Ziplining through the Costa Rican cloud forest with my new (hot!) amigo.

No comments:

Post a Comment